For whatever reason, I developed a negative view of weddings. Maybe because they were usually people that I barely knew. Maybe it was the Greek Orthodox wedding that lasted 3 hours. The only thing I remembered from that was "keep the marriage bed pure and have lots of children." At least that's what I heard. Even my own wedding was a "tell me where to stand" endeavor. All of my perceptions changed about 14 months ago when I attended my first daughter's wedding, then my other daughters wedding in July.
With all that excitement, I often pause to notice the other half of the crowd just observing. You have to wonder what is going through their mind. I don't really have to use much imagination - I just hearken back to church and remember the things people often say when they are not living in joy! It takes a lot of focus and determination to be miserable so I just leave them to it. I'm always happy when we convert a pew sitter to the joy side!
The Bible talks about heaven is several ways. But, one of the ways it describes it is as a marriage feast - not the ceremony - the party! Jesus first miracle was at a wedding - and get this - he turned water into wine! I'll leave you to make all the connections there. Just rest assured heaven is not going to be a place where we all sit on our hands and talk about what everyone else is wearing or criticize those that allowed themselves to be happy! It's a place of joy and maybe a little like a Forehand wedding!
Dodging the stones,
Karl




No comments:
Post a Comment