Sunday, July 12, 2015

Superhuman

One of my new favorite shows is called "Stan Lee's Superhumans."  Stan Lee is the creator of many comic book heroes like the Fantastic Four and the Incredible Hulk.  The show is about real life people who have extraordinary abilities.  One show was about a man that had incredible strength while another could hold his breath for 8 minutes and dive over 650 feet.

The show reminds me that, with God's help, we can accomplish more that we usually think we can.  I often limit myself and my passion to just what I think I can accomplish.  Today, I was just taking stock of the exceptions when I DID dare to dream and made some dramatic changes.  Several years ago, I gave up tobacco.  What a relief from a strong hold in my life.  This year  I changed my eating habits dramatically where I no longer need medicine to control my blood pressure.   I doubted for many years I could do that.  

We forget that the power that raised Jesus from the dead and the power that saved our souls is also the power that  helps us conquer the impossibilities of our life.  In this way, we can be more than conquerors.  We can be more than just normal humans making excuses - with God's help we can be "super-human."  

No comments:

Post a Comment